Lansdowne Friends School intentionally groups students in classes spanning two grades. Students remain in the same classroom for two years. Vertically grouped classes
* Create ongoing leadership opportunities for children
* Enable teachers to build strong relationships with students and families with continuity over two years
* Accommodate the different rates at which students develop
* Build community throughout the school by connecting students to others beyond their grade level
* Provide greater opportunity for students to develop social and emotional skills including empathy, self-esteem, and confidence
* Foster 21st century learning skills, especially cooperation, collaboration and communication.