Lansdowne Friends School is one of the founding members of The Friends Education Equity Collaborative*. The Friends Collaborative was organized by staff and volunteers of ten small Quaker elementary schools in the greater Philadelphia region.
The purpose of the Friends Education Equity Collaborative (The Collaborative) is to foster the growth of Quaker Education by providing funding that makes a Quaker education accessible for more families.
In 2016, we formed a Special Purpose Entity (LLC) to take advantage of the changes in the Pennsylvania Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs.
On December 7, 2016, LFS and nine additional Quaker elementary schools were awarded $750,000 of Pennsylvania tax credits in the EITC program, and we had 60 days from that date to find qualified donors that would like to help. In 60 days, this group of small Friends schools did BIG things! We funded $634,000 for 2016-17 and $634,000 for 2017-18.
The Collaborative will apply for tax credits again this year. If you qualify, to participate in this opportunity, you will receive a 90% credit for your donation.You may also qualify for a federal deduction for the donation.
Do You Qualify?
If you can answer YES to any one of these questions, you may qualify:
1) Are you employed by, or a partner in, a for-profit business and your annual personal income exceeds $200,000 (or $300,000 for a couple)? (Sole proprietorship are not qualified.)
2) Are you are employed by a not-for-profit and your annual personal income exceeds $200,000 (or $300,000 for a couple) or your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, excluding the value of your primary residence and you own stock in any Pennsylvania incorporated “business firm”?
3) Are you retired and your annual personal income exceeds $200,000 (or $300,000 for a couple) or your net worth exceeds $1,000,000, excluding the value of your primary residence and you own stock in any Pennsylvania incorporated “business firm”?
4) Are you an owner of a Pennsylvania Corporation or Partnership that has net assets in excess of $5,000,000?
5) Are you an officer of a Bank or Savings and Loan, acting in a fiduciary or professional capacity?
6) Are you an officer of Insurance Company, acting on behalf of the company? Are you an officer or representative of a Trust, with total assets in excess of $5,000,000, acting on behalf of the trust?
110 N. Lansdowne Avenue
Lansdowne, PA 19050
Built with by P'unk Avenue